rookie needing help fast

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stewd, Mar 8, 2009.

1. stewd

stewd LawnSite Member

just starting out with good equipment giving first proposal tommorrow need advice on pricing

2. LBLC_LCO

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Gonna need more info than that.

3. ZTR_Diesel

ZTR_Diesel LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, so I'm new to this as well. It's going to prove a a lot more helpful if you will slow down a bit, explain what you're looking to do, what type of advice you're seeking, and how you are going about establishing this business.

In mycase, before I visit a customer, I am going to visit the county courthouse. I will establish a business formally, have a name attached to it, and then call my insurance agent to get a small buiness insurance policy. Then, I will advertise, and establish a seperate phone account soley for business purposes. Then, and only then, will I visit customers and begin to appraise their properties and give quotations, which will be written.

Perhaps this might be of some help.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Do a search.

5. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

No problem, just price it at $75.00.....no wait, make that $750

6. ambersLawnmowing

ambersLawnmowing LawnSite Senior Member

LOL...Not another one!!!!!!!! What is considered "Good" Equipment? I havent run by that brand before.

7. stewd

stewd LawnSite Member

love the positive advice already insured the job consist of mowing,weed pulling out of beds and poisioning weeds on driveway

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok, well then that narrows it down. How about $30+ per week. :rolleyes:

9. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

how bigs the lawn, are you cutting it weekly or bi-weekly, are you bagging or mulching, how much trimming is there, are you solo, do you have other lawns on that st?????

10. ambersLawnmowing

ambersLawnmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Why are you pulling weeds from the beds but spraying the driveway?