Rookie question.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greenguy04, Jun 30, 2004.

1. greenguy04

greenguy04 LawnSite Member

OK, a total rookie question here. How do you make those stripes in a persons yard. Like they do at baseball stadiums? And, are there alot of requests for that type of thing? Thanks for letting me show my ignorance again.

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It's called a striping kit and most mowers can have one put on. Some customers love it and some do not, all depends on their taste. Go to a lawn mower dealer and ask for a striping kit.
    ( STRIPE-ING )

3. greenguy04

Thanks for the info. I will go look for a kit. Do you do alot of this striping? Just curious.

4. rodsridentime

rodsridentime LawnSite Member

save your money. I got one and made the yards look great and did not get one person even notice

5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

First of all, you do not need a stiping kit to put stripes in a yard. You can accomplish this by going back and forth with each pass while moving away from where you started. Some people may like the look of the stripes, but the reason i do them is so the grass is not cut in the same direction all the time. Do this by changing the pattern or direction of the stripes.

6. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a mudflap for 15 bucks and bolt it on.

Trevor

7. greenguy04

Thank you all for the great advice. Good luck with your businesses!!