1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

room for all the backpacks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by teejet, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

I did have a box I made for my backpacks that I had in my truck to keep them secure, but I abandoned it. I now have a cargo bar across my bed, and I keep three backpacks lined up and strapped to the load bar. I also have two more that are on the front of my trailer (gasp!) on Trimmer Trap carriers. The three in the truck are the frequently used ones (three-way, revolver/sedgehammer, and flavor of the month) and the two on the trailer are the less used ones (gly, and MSMA/Revolver for Dallis). I drop the tailgate and it's a little backpack station. Pretty handy.
  2. TX_yardguy

TX_yardguy LawnSite Member

Got any pics of that set-up? Include the trailer if you can. Thanks!
  3. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 400 gallon sprayer in the bed of my truck, theres just enough room to store about 4 backpacks, and some other misc. chemicals behind he sprayer, and the tailgate holds it all in snugly.

Anyone carry water for their backpack sprayers? I carry a 15 gallon tank, i have run into some cases where a customer doesn't have an outside water faucet, and some properties around here are big with very few neighbors.