ROPS development history

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by freshgreen, Jan 6, 2006.

1. freshgreen

freshgreen LawnSite Member

please help! i am working on some research regarding rops use and development for z-turn mowers, and mowers in general. i am having difficulty finding sources...any ideas? i tried to PM that mowtech guy, but i don't have the permission.

i need actual, physical documents that i can reference. like for a bibliography or whatever...i have some articles from farming magazine and turf magazine, but it's not enough! help!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. viper00085

viper00085 LawnSite Member
    from NC/VA

might want to look into the osha and cpsc sites as they sorta had a hand in making them mandatory.

goodluck

3. freshgreen

freshgreen LawnSite Member

yeah...checked those. i'm looking for some historical information. i found an article in grounds maintenance about "tracking trends in riding-mower design," and one in turf mag about "rops: what you should know." but i need more...

also, i got the general impression that most of ya'll don't like rops on your mowers...all i have to say is, "wow...":dizzy:

4. mowtech

mowtech LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry if my response is too late as I did not see this post till now. There is probably very little published information on the development of ROPS for Z turn mowers. However, there would be plenty of information on ROPS development for farm tractors which really led up to the development of ROPS for mowers. The number one expert on ROPS would most likely be J. P. Schmitt, Director of Engineering at Custom Products of Litchfield, Minnesota. Custom Products designs, certifies, and sells ROPS for a variety of outdoor powered equipment. 320.693.3221 ww.800cabline.com

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Fred Flintsone had one on his car...Barney Rubble did not.:dancing: