Rops Removal!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, May 2, 2004.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I have had it with the ROPS on my new lazer, how do i go about removing them, I hope I don't have to take the wheels off to remove it!

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

You dont have to take off the wheels, but it helps. Its about 6 5/8 bolts I think to get rid of the tree branch hitting crap. How long did yours last? Mine was a week or 2 i think.

3. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Take the wheels off it's much easier. Mine was on there long enough to get from the dealer to my house. I know we will soon be getting the safety lecture, but they just look stupid and if you aren't mowing on 50 degree angles you shouldn't be rolling your mower over.

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Im leaving mine on, I just fold mine down and it never seems to get in the way. Besides you never know when it might come in handy!

5. rochenyguy

rochenyguy LawnSite Member

How easy is it to remove the ROPS on the 2004 and 2005 Toro Z557 ZMaster?

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

fold them down... if there ever is an accident,, your insuracne will not cover you, besides i have alrady been checked this year by osha, and i know a couple more who have too..... they even checked the distance between my stomach and the belt with a pvc pipe....

i think someone tryed to turn me in and had me checked out, little did they know im fully legal...

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I did not think that ROPS had been mandated by osha at this point in time, it was only voluntary on the part of the manufacturers...I pulled mine from my scag wildcat....the same day it arrived......

8. rochenyguy

rochenyguy LawnSite Member

I've had MORE close calls BECAUSE of the ROPS than I would have without them, and more damage to tree branches too.

Are they easy to remove from the Toro Z500?

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

but those guys are intimidating, mine where on, just folded down.... scared the crap out of me, just got the mower a few days before......

10. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

If the ROPS are hitting tree limbs and such , Their is no need to go removing rops , Get off ass and push a push mower or grab a tractor and stick a helper on either and have them mow under trees. Simple as a goats ass going up hill .