1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ROPS & Seatbelts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4-Leaf, Dec 18, 2003.

1. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

Well -- the lawyers have finally done it. ROPS & seat-belts on mowers. What next? --- Helmets? Carrying a "round" notebook with "circles of paper" so you don't accidentally hit one of the sharp paper corners??

I am so sick of this inane crap I could puke. All predatory lawyers and insurance company crap.

Predatory Lawyer: It's OK to require that big, bad manufacturers pay for these "extras" --- sure they'll make less profit but that's OK since they are huge, greedy, companies which will barely notice the decreased profit. Those companies will NEVER pass the costs on to the LCO's .. they'll be satisfied with less profit ... NOT!!!!

Now -- if the manufacturers wanted to make it an "option" -- fine -- but it's not an option -- you WILL pay for it. Is this America? Land of the Free?? Not anymore --- it's the land of the predatory lawyer. This kind of crap is all around you now ... and you're paying and paying and paying for it.

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

4-leaf, I agree with you. I always hate when lawyers and gov poke their nose in places they shouldnt. They love to impose regulations so they can fine those who dont comply. Bottom line, money.
    ps, It so cold around here today I actually saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets
  3. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

Now that's something you don't see every day. :laugh: :laugh:
  4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

The blame should be placed equally on the sue happy people our society has created. Nobody wants to actually work for their money anymore these days.

This arguement could be the "chicken or the egg" arguement. Without sue happy people there would be no sue happy lawyers, and without sue happy lawyers, there would be no sue happy people. :rolleyes:
  5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the idea of ROPS being offered as an OPTION. In fact, if Deere made it available for my JD 757, I have one tommorrow. But I'm like you: if it is going to be mandatory, we should not be forced to take the hit by paying for it.
  6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

What the heck is a ROPS?
  8. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Roll Over Protection System

The big black thing on the back that seems to hit every tree you pass by.

9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate ROPS. We fold them down on our equipment. If the thing rolls, I am getting off! :laugh:

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Ohhhh. Thanks. I always just called it a roll bar. Is this a national initiative? Are they inforcing it on the equipment when sold, or are they also requiring users to use them? What's next, lawnmower safety police?