rosebushes

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by dmk395, Mar 19, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I have 24 small rosebushes to plant for a customer. Never done this before, any tips? What should I charge roughly?

2. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

use a post hole digger, its the right size and it makes the job go so much quicker. 24 roses@ $5.00 a plant. total $120.00 in and out in one hour, hour and a half max.:blob3:

3. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

that is for only labor assuming the the customer buys these plants. thanks

4. $5 per rose is what I charge for planting.

5. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Thanks guys. So there is nothing special I have to do except dig a hole and plant..no special fert or anything?

6. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

Yes for the most part, just use the post hole digger and dig the hole the same size as the root system. After that plant rose bush and do this 23 more times. I use Scotts brand alot and they sell fert. for roses for use after you plant them, (the name escapes me at the moment but its rose fert.) I probably use it 50% of the time because roses are very tough and it is hard to kill them. Good luck $5.00 a plant x 24 plants= $120.00 for an hours work not bad.........

Ramirez Landscaping Co.:cool:

7. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

Up here we sell roses as a temporary plant... winter often takes it toll on roses, most wont last more than 5-7 years. Most nurseries won't even guarantee roses over the winter.

8. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

You have to remember I live in Sacramento Ca. No snow here and Landscaping year round.

9. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

in florida you need to prepare the bedding area. you might want to check with your land grant university up there for proper planting procedure. the best way to kill a plant is to install it wrong. then you have to replace until hell freezes over. just a thought to consider.

10. RELIABLELAWNMAN

RELIABLELAWNMAN LawnSite Member

F.Y.I.
    MY WIFE AND I USE ONLY BAYER OR ORTHO BRAND SYSTEMIC ROSE FOOD.
    JUST FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON CONTAINER.