rotadairon demo

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Itsgottobegreen, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well the guys from E&M golf supply came by today and did a demo of a 60" Rotadairon soil renovator.

I have had several machines come in and give a demo. Everything from rock hound to hardy to prepator, etc. I gave all them the same test on the same place. (I rototiller the area before each came so the rocks all came back to the surface, just to be fair)

Well I left the best for last. All I can say is the Rotadairon impressed me more than I though I would be. There are very few machines that have out performed what they claim they can do. So now I made my decision on a rock rake. Its going to be a Rotadairon. Now I just have to wait until I get my RC-50 skid steer later this year or next year. Its just the $15,000 price tag that is keeping me from bring one home right now. (plus the $30,00 for the RC-50w/options)

Here are some before and after pictures.

Before

demo1.jpg

2. Itsgottobegreen

during the demo

demo2.jpg

3. Itsgottobegreen

during again (just look at the dirt fly)

demo4.jpg

4. Itsgottobegreen

After Doesn't that look nice. Tilled, leveled, rolled, seeded all in one pass. I love this thing.

Now I just have to rake out where the machine stopped and started. Then water it. Then wait for the grass to grow.

demo3.jpg

5. chesie

chesie LawnSite Member

Itsgottobegreen-

You in western Md? Sure got alot of rock in the soil. Rotodarions are fine machines.

6. kbenvironmental

kbenvironmental LawnSite Member

Chesie
    that's funny, I was just thinking how little rock it had if it were in the valley here in AZ. :p

7. landproscapes

landproscapes LawnSite Member

Rotodairon is a nice machine. I had one for dingo. I think it is better on a tractor mount because with a skid you kinda mess up the paths you just completed.

8. Itsgottobegreen

cheise-Yes just a little north of Mt. Airy, md

Land pro-Well thats why I want a RC-50. Since it has the rubber tracks it does next to nothing on damage to what you already did. It spreads its weight out so much it does less damage to the ground than you walking on it. I know the tractor does less damage. But the tractors needs more pto hp than the skid steer GPM. So I would have to spend even more on a larger tractor. Plus I already have a tractor, so I rather buy a skid loader so I have one of each.

9. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

SInce I own an RC-30, I have been searching for a soil renovator and have the literature Rotodarion sent. Thank You for you effots.
    You can also consider a CAT 1 3 pt hitch for either machine and get a tractor mount version. You would of course be going in reverse. The unit for the Dingo is the one that fits the RC-30.

10. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple wuestions: What would the result be like without rototilling? I O were to use one here it would not be cost effective to do both. Kinds why I am considering a Harley rake.

? What happens if you hit roots or hard clay?

Thanks
    SL&L