Rotary Brush Mower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtwerks, May 27, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I've been throwing around the idea of getting a bushhogg type mower to run on my Mustang 2044 skidsteer for helping out on some larger bushhogging contracts I've recently gotten. Does anyone have expierence running a mower on a wheeled machine? I do plan to purchase a larger tracked CTL and excavator next year for my new business venture and plan to get mowers for both of them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Not much difference in operating a mower between a ctl or rubber tire machine. My all time favorite was the Gehl 4835sxt - had the big 12" tires on a small machine from the factory...didn't rut the wet parts of the field up, throttle was a touch over 1/2 for most grasses, seemed to float over the field...very smooth operating with my mower.

Current machine is a 318d john deere...I really like how the panels on the sides catch most of the smaller stuff that want to get in the radiator. I can also monitor the hydro temps on the dash.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That US Mower is the cat's ass of mowers, Samurai is the name for them if I recall. Our Bobcat dealer sold a few to a company the abused Bobcat's mowers and they never had any issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KrayzKajun

Thanks Ron!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KrayzKajun

Anyone else have any input?
    Posted via Mobile Device