1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rotary Spreader ?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by clipperslawnservice, Nov 5, 2009.

1. clipperslawnservice

clipperslawnservice LawnSite Member

I just bought a Precision rotary spreader, and it beats the he!! out of my old Scotts spreader.It holds a good 80lbs., has phneumatic tires, and greaseable gears.I love it,but, it throws a 12 ' pattern, which is way to much in smaller areas. any suggestions. Thanks guys.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Walk slower--so the impellor spins slow--Ok that is not practical. May I suggest, use a tiny plastic hand crank spreader for those very small areas. Their weight is hard on the wrist unless you get the one with the forearm brace. http://www.outsidepride.com/spreaders/hand-held-spreaders/3500-hand-held-spreader.html OR the over the shoulder "organ grinder" spreader.
    The 2 pound size doesn't take up much space, cheap, and about right for curb strips.

But if the Precision is not made from stainless steel, rust will be a huge problem.