Rotor Head Hookup question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by turbosl2, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We have some very shallow artisian aquifers up here and the State is not interested in us plugging into those. Seems like one of the forms we had to fill out was "Acquiring Public Waters."

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Different parts of the country. There is a vast amount of water flowing underground in the Northeast, fed by the Great Lakes.

And besides, the OP may have shallow water to access, so he can invest his Maxipaw money in a well point and a good jet pump.

3. Mike Leary

After 112 posts, I think we've done our best, for once.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I still want to hear from someone who sold a job with 5004 heads operating at 25 psi :p

5. Mike Leary

I can't wait to see the pics.

6. Or not. I've had so many customers that want manna from heaven without the penance. Sometimes all you can do with some folks is get them to a point where they say "I can live with this".
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mike Leary

::::Sigh:::: All those years wasted 'cause I was an idiot to begin with.

8. turbosl2

turbosl2 LawnSite Member

At least someone can see it from the other side. Its easy to say do this, this and this, but sometimes people have no idea what type of work were talking about. Amend the soil, 8000yards is need to put down 3" of topsoil. I wouldnt even tell someone that because your talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in topsoil.
    I am glad you said this, i have been nice and tried to listen to everyone and stay positive, but some of the negativity and ideas are just ridiculous. Alot of info on here has been great but come on, lets think logical and practical.
    You couldnt have said it more clear. I am NOT going to amend the soil, i am not going to change my main line to the house (you have 5k to get a excavator in here and dig below the frost line to change a line). 1" is oversized for the house, but undersized to irrigate almost to acres.
    I cant do a shallow well, were in all sand and there is no water here. A deep well is prob 10k. So what does that leave me. To work with what i have and make it better. Thats where i will filter out the BS ideas and snide comments and do what i think will work best for me.

Step 1
    I have rejetted the whole yard to get the water to lay down more even.

Step 2
    Purchase a soil tester to determine an optimal water schedule and stop listening to ******s say this many minutes per zone, every other day...etc.
    I think this was the best advice, figure out a schedule that will work with 16zones and will keep the soil moisture where it needs to be. Even if that means watering 4 times a day for 10mins, or 1 time a day for 40mins. It doesnt matter, whatever it needs it will get.

9. turbosl2

turbosl2 LawnSite Member

I have the equipment. I thank you for your help.

I think were done here, to many negative remarks

10. Mike Leary

Thanks for wasting all our time with what I thought were reasonable, professional opinions. Next time go post on the HO forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.