Rough-cut mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pecker, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Thinking of expanding a little into light bush-hogging.

Considering a rough-cut mower (i.e. a mower that is tuff as a real bush-hog, to be used on smaller lots, 1 acre or less) for the future and would like to know of all the brands to choose from and what ya'll would recommend from experience. (and yes I did a search)

I already have a good dependable atv, so don't let that sway your opinion as an added cost. Should I consider an atv tow-behind model or a wb model like the Billygoat.

Thanks in advance.

2. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Ck out the new Hustler model or the old Hustler Hog.

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

cool. . .thanks

4. dabmower

dabmower LawnSite Member

http://www.bachtoldbros.com/ I have one of these I use to mow along my fence rows, ditches and places to tight to get a tractor in.I can cut about any thing a 3point pull behind will .I got mine from contry home products the DR walk behind string trimmer guys,about 10 years ago. They don't sell this model any more,but a more modern looking one made by some one else.I all so bought the finish deck attachment.This bachtold model is simpel tough and works great on slopes.I know the sell them to a lot of rental places in my area,and we all know how It has to perform in those conditions.