1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rough day......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

This is my second season...Got a call today and my very first customer can no longer afford to have his lawn mowed... Kinda of a bummer, not as busy as I was hoping I would be..

All together I have lost 3 other accounts, 2 because of price and one because they moved... As of right now, I have 11 residentials, two banks, a village park and an apartment that all take less than an hour plus two cemeteries, one that takes 6-7 hours and another that takes 4... Getting a few calls and have two estimates tommorrow, hopefully I can land at least one of those... From last year to this year, I have lost 4 residentials and have picked up a two building apartment property and a large cemetery...

Losing 4 of my 15 residential properties is bothersome to me, especially since none of them seem to be quality related.. Is this common???
  2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes unfortunately it is . There are a lot of scrubs and regular competition out there. But the good lawn co's will stick out. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED!!!!
  3. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

we lost like 7 accounts last year most due to customers moving some to price wars here.
  4. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

Hang in for the lone haul. I do each one like it was the only one. We keep growing.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Just keep on providing quality work. I would rather have someone drop me over price than quality.