rough ride

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by kickin sum grass, Dec 3, 2005.

1. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'll pass on the Bobcat. You have to compare apples to apples though, a skid steer is going to act like that no matter the brand. I wish they had a video of a T190 going head to head with a 257. I know what it would look like in my mind, but I just want to see the comparison. I actually watched a guy run a T190 last week over relatively flat ground doing finish grade and that machine bounced more than our skid steer over comparable terrain. I could hear the machine beating itself up 70 feet away and the guy wasn't running it too fast either, just enough to keep things rolling and he was still bouncing up and down in the seat. Bobcat's success with these machines continues to impress me, just doesn't look like something I'd want to be operating.

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Scag, who knows -- if you and enough people ask for comparisons of certain machines with certain others, it just might be done. The biggest reason (at this point) it wouldn't be done is if the 257B is simply outselling the T190... if that's the case, Cat won't bother to get a video. However, if Bobcat feels it's T190 is superior in performance (lifting, digging, bouncing, etc), they might put out a video to show some company up. And finally, if the video was created, it would be out to the dealers -- so this again shows that talking to your dealer is a good thing.

As far as the actual video went, all hard-bottomed machines will get that effect to some extent... even small track-type tractors.

4. miacharger

miacharger LawnSite Member

Actually it looks like fun, where do I sign up..LOL! Truthfully who ever goes that fast on a hard, bumpy surface. Most bumps and lumps are random, and if you are going to go that distance I would think that someone would use a backhoe or wheel loader. Point is that no construction machine is designed for a smooth ride, and even the tracked loader shown there has some pretty harsh bumps, just look at the operator in the seat! Since the skid loaders are made for tight spaces, who can really get any speed anyway? Even a wheelbarrow can do some strange things if pushed fast enough!

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Well you're right, you'd never see those conditons, but even in that situation the ASV handled it pretty well. As far as travelling at high speeds, that's what this business is about. The faster you can get something done the more money you make!

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Ride Control helps prevent 75 percent of the "bucking". It has also spared my back and prevented spillage from the bucket, resulting in higher productivity. Higher speeds in a skid or track loader don't mean much if your machine cant handle the excess speed.

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Oh boy... (this is a note to myself)

8. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If you look closely it looks like there is more fill between the bumps when ths track loader ran it.

9. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I noticed that to

10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

look at the height of the bucket to