round up included??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnandplow42, Mar 29, 2005.

1. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

When you have a commercial account, do you round up the weeds along walk ways, etc., and include this in the mowing/trimming/blowing price, or do you charge extra? thanks

2. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

Of course, I won't bore you with " Do you have a license?" and I'll assume you do already. Otherwise it would be illegal. As far as an application, charge extra, because the amount you use at one account may be substantially more at another. Fortowit and ergo, take your cost for product, add 35-40%, divide by how many ounces are in the container and that will give you the price per oz. Whatever you use per application, that amount plus time and equipment cost is what you charge your customer.The better the product, the higher the cost. That way everything is covered including profit.

3. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

If the custromer wants me to "round up" cracks and crevaces around their house there will be an additional charge. Also a Work change order or Additional work authorazation form will be filled out and signed by the customer.

I got burnt a few times by the customer expecting things to be included since I was already there.

Mike

4. lawnandplow42

if they don't request to have this done, then i shouldn't be concerned about it right?

5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets go back to "are you Licensed?" If you are not then you shouldn't even concern yourself as they probably have the service provided by others.

6. lawnandplow42

yes i am liscensed

7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

excellent. Commercial contracts and bid requests are generally very specific as to what their needs are and what they are paying for. If it is not in the bid request you can inquire as to why it has been ommitted and if they would like it bid upon. If you are reading your contract and it is not included then they don't/or shouldn't expect you to to provide that service. If they thenrequest the service file a change order and wait for their signed approval before performing that service.

8. lawnandplow42

thanks a lot

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I am licensed,but i have a dui under my belt so i am driving without a drivers license

10. lawnandplow42

whatever it takes lol