Round-up linked to health dangers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Grassmechanic, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Cancer is the battle of a thousand cuts. I only spot spray round up as well as spot spray 2,4 D based products. Seriously doubt I will ever have a dedicated spray rig for surround and drown.

I'm organic at heart and I will not spot spray for those looking for easy and bypass doing what is right to keep a lawn weed resistant. 3.0" mowing heights, proper watering cycles, and proper fert applications. Heavy Fall Nitrogen and no early frozen ground fert like the big boys do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I have no agenda against teflon. I have a chemistry degree. :weightlifter:

3. Grassmechanic

Yes. That is a big part of it.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Suitably vague for experiments that showed nothing.
    She concludes, but does not test, CYT enzymes reduce damaging effects of enviromental toxins on the gut bacteria. And from the internet found that glyphosate inhibits certain CYP enzymes.
    But she does not name the "enviromental toxins", nor does she say which she tested--if any.

5. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Precisely.

Meanwhile the average lifespan continues to climb in developed countries.

6. Grassmechanic

Additionally, Teflon is brought to you by the same people that brought Imprelis. Need more be said??

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Well, with the diabetes epidemic here, we may start falling down the other side of the curve.

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

From my understanding they are pretty close to a cure for diabetes. I know I am screwed. Both my parents have it (controlled easily via food and a pill) but my sugar does the opposite. Mine goes low and I get shaky by mid day and have to stop and eat something. That is a precursor of diabetes unfortunately.