Round-up Pro Dry

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jnjnlc, May 23, 2001.

1. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

How many of you guys are using Round-up Pro Dry. Have you had success with it? I bought my first jug the other day and so far it has not killed the weeds like I think it should. I have double checked to make sure I was mixing correctly. I am going to give it a few more trys before I give up.

Any suggestions?

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here! Anyone?

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I ries the sample deal and it worked fine. I am sticking with the pro liquid because I don't feel the need to shake the backpack as much. Dave g

4. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

Same AI/Volume of water, when you follow the mixing directions. If you are not getting results it is probably from some other cause.

Jim L

5. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

First year with the dry for me. Works just like the liquid stuff from what I can tell so far. It still takes about 7 days for a browning effect then another 7 or so days for total kill.

That is the one thing I do not like about Roundup. I have had customers complain alittle about still having vegitation a week later. I know they think I am jerking them around when I try to explain that it takes 7 to 14 days for effects to show, but it kills to the root!

6. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Give it time like Skookum said. About 14 days for total kill

7. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Skookum,

Have you tried using scythe along with roundup. It provides a more immediate burndown of the weed so your customers can actually see the plants dying faster. Wilts oxalis in 20 minutes and most weeds in a day. There is some concern that the quicker burndown doesnt allow the roundup to translocate completely to the root system but when you have an angry client that doesnt have any patience (do any of them) this will show them that the weeds are dying. Ive found that roundup/scythe will provide a complete and total kill so I dont believe this issue to be valid.

CMerLand

8. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

The Scythe supposedly enters the plants quickly, and carries the Roundup with it. I never had a problem of anything surviving the combo. Used to use that all the time before Roundup Pro. Would still use the Scythe plus Roundup Pro if I needed a quick knockdown, say a special event at a new property on short notice, where weeds in beds and pavement were not under control yet. Actually, on a hot day, just give the oxalis 5 min to brown, LOL. Only real negative with Scythe is the pungent odor; that is why I don't use it regularly now.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I actually liked the smell of Scythe! Smells like suntan lotion on a babe! Anyway, I too noticed poor results with Roundup Pro Dry. It says 2 full capfulls for 3 gals. I put 2 1/2 to 3 full capfuls and I still got poor results. A friend said that you must mix it with HOT water to properly dissolve the particles. Once this container of Dry is done, it back to liquid for me. I mix Trimec in with it to control broadleaf and poision Ivy etc.