Round-up Pro?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by B&B LAWN, Jan 29, 2006.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

What are u guys thoughts on this for a postemergent herbicide? Is there something better u guys would use?

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

For a non-selective post-emergent herbicide we use Eraser. It is cheap and we have had good results with it. We pay $49 for a 2.5 gal jug.

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

razor pro is the exact same but also around $50 per 2 1/2 gal. just dont use it on anything you dont want killed. I get a kick every spring when some home owner who has decided to do-it himmself and spot sprays the dandilions with round-up, a week later you see dead spots eveywhere!

4. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

This year I'm going online and buying. No more $150 at Lesco for 2.5 gal Roundup pro. Looks like they all have the same main ingrediant:41% Glyphosate. Why pay for the name.

Where are you buying yours from?

5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I like it for large jobs when I'm using the skid sprayer, but for beds, parking lots, etc.. where I'm using a backpack I've come to like the Quick Pro. The dry formulation is a lot handier than having to refill a tip n' pour or using a pitcher, or whatever. A quicker result too, which obviously makes it an easier sell. (or should I say the check comes a lot faster!)

6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the round up pro in dry form also. It costs only $2 per pack which makes 1 gal and works great.

7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

G.M. Landscaping,
    I have been buying the Eraser from a local farm supply store. Check with one in your area they might carry it.

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Quick Pro is fast and easy in the dry formulation but is not nearly as safe as far as human exposure(check out the PPE requirments), using an off brand glyphosate is fine, as long as concentration is 41% or higher, Round Up Pro does have a really good sufactant, but you could just use something cheaper and add you own, save some $$$ and get the same results.

9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever substituted kerosene for the water in their mix?

10. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

While using a non-selective herbicide? No! While completing rangeland spraying, yes - all of the time. A certain herbicide controlling Mesquite trees require the use of kerosene as a spray adjuvant/oil - for spot application.