Round UP Run off....?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Lost Pine, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Lost Pine

Lost Pine LawnSite Member

I was just wondering about the affects of Round Up affecting nearby plants / shrubs. Has anyone ever had a problem with it ? I was thinking about using it on some of my customers Large Islands / Flower Beds (3ft x 50ft) for a unbelieveablly stubborn weed that I ocassionally run into. This weed has lateral runs, so just pulling it only cuts it off at the top. I can NEVER get the whole thing. The only thing that works is to kill the plant, thus killing the Root...

Any suggestions ......

2. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

I believe round up only kills if it touches the leaf or stem of whatever is being treated

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Regular RoundUp products ( not the Extended control or Ground Clear products) will not "run off" and injure any weeds through soil penetration. It is a systemic foliar non-selective herbicide. It will only kill the plants of those leaves it is applied to.

By the way, it is illegal to use RoundUp unless you are certified as a pesticide tech or applicator. Do what you need to do to get certified in your state.... if you were certified, you would have never have needed to ask this question, you would know better. Don't get caught.... better yet, get legal and find out how much more $$$ you can make doing pesticide applications.

4. Hilltop Landscaping

Hilltop Landscaping LawnSite Member

q-What & how do you charge for pesticide /round up application?
    I'm new to business & appreciate any help.I'm looking into pesticide training now. Thanks