Round Up....Should I?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HighGrass, Aug 14, 2004.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I was thinking about applying some round-up under some spruce trees to make trimming easier. Will it be absorbed by the tree roots and hurt the tree?

2. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Watch for bare and exposed roots of course.

3. Envi-Lawn

Envi-Lawn LawnSite Member
    from CT

RU isn't absorbed through woody tissue, so you should be OK.
    Read the label, to double check

4. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Just got back from beers with 2 people who run orchards, they use roundup to kill the weeds around the trunks of the trees. I asked them about using Roundup under trees generally since I had read that one shouldnt ever use pesticides within the drip line of any tree. (a govt manual as u might have guessed). bottom line, Roundup def no prob. Maybe lots of insecticides an issue as they are more toxic. (according to LD ratings)

5. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

Maybe you should get a licence to applicate this product?

It is the law and if you get caught spraying it on a property that you don't own you can get a fine.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Kesey been a member for 2 months now and you assume he does not have his lisc. and 2nd, if it on his own prop he does not need one.

Mac

7. Ken Kesey

from Here

#1 If he had his licence he should know this.

#2 "It is the law and if you get caught spraying it on a property that you don't own you can get a fine."

That's what I said, genius.

8. olderthandirt

from here

Yep like I said 2 month member and knows it all or just assumes it all. Do a search "genius" and you will see that your informative awnsers been talked about for yrs. You see his question was not whether he needed a pest lisc but whether he could use rd up around spruce. Did you awnser his question? No! wanna prove that you know all the laws with your quick response to something that was never asked, way to help genius

Mac

9. Ken Kesey

from Here

What does it matter how long a person has been posting at a site?

I know what his question was, all two sentences. I promise.

Thing is, he should have known the answer if he was a licensed applicator.

Are you in 3rd grade or what?

Don’t mean to be rude or anything but have you been drinking tonight Mr. Dirt?

10. olderthandirt

from here

It matters for one reason in which you can't grasp so I'll try to explain it so even you can understand it. The man asked a question the object is to help with an appropriate awnser. Again you ASSUMED he was going to apply it at another residence which he never said he was, so he would not need a pest lisc. also you ASSUMED that he does not have one, we are all not blessed with your photograghic memory so it is possable he forgot or just was not sure becoase the laws of application can be confusing. Your comments about 3rd grade and drinking do not even require a response from me. Just proves my point about you wanting everyone to think your the genius of the green industry. Not worth wasting anymore time with you on this.

Mac