Round Up

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rookie03, Jun 8, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

How many people use Round-Up to save time on your properties? There are a few places that I could use it to spray along fences, curbs, ditches and it would save me a lot of time. Who uses Round-Up and do you go out on your own to do it? Or do you ask your customers if they care if you spray it?

2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i would check if its ok. Especialy if you are not certified.

3. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I may use it along fence lines, but just a thin spray line. I wouldnt spray ditches or crubs. Why would you want to kill the grass, it would be all dirt?

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I use it on almost all properties, including a small grave yard. But my lawns are just basic mowing jobs and the people are not overly particlular. If I mowed in more affluent neighborhoods it may be a different story. I always make sure to do it the way the customer wants.

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

It's easier to charge "extra" fore it .... than they will tell you if they want it

6. BryantLandscape

BryantLandscape LawnSite Member

I use it everyday, in my opinion makes the property look clean, just get licensed those fines can be hefty..in florida its just a day class and a simple 50 question test

7. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

Remember that you must be licensed to spray herbicides.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Use a growth regulator instead.

It won't kill the grass, leaving bare ground available for weed seeds.

9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

propose a bid that can show that trimming cost 'x' number of dollars per visit, aposed to a treatment plan (maintence of fence lines/etc.) treating the fence lines with a mixture of round-up & a pre-em (pendulm 3.3 EC/gallary) that will kill the weeds and grass/grass weeds and prevent them from returning. propose this at a service every 4-6 weeks.. think of how much this saves on labor/gas/equipment/maintence.. include this in your service and make it a point when you sell the bid to the customer!!!

10. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Round Up is a PGR, plant growth regulator .
    I think being licensed is over rated .
    Just kidding