round up

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cat320, Apr 1, 2001.

1. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Is there much difference between round up and round up pro?Or are the just the same.

2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Round up Pro has surfacant already added.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Pro might have a higher concentrate of chemical.

4. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

getmo is right, Pro has a sufacant. The leaner concetrate is RoundUp T/O. If you have some regular RoundUp and you need a sufacant, just add a few drops of dish washing liquid to your back-pack (assumption) and mix in, does the job.

5. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I have just about a gallon left of RoundupPro and I am switching to RoundupPro Dry. The "Dry" big jug is cheaper than the 2.5 gallon liquid jug.

The Pro line is more concentrate than the retail stuff from Wal-mart and such places. It has been a while since I used the retail stuff, but, I recall it was like 6 oz per gallon as where the same final solution in the Pro line is like 2 oz.

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I still use a speader sticker with all chemicals. Its real cheap. Something like $17 for a gallon. The rate is ( I believe) 1 tablespoon for every 3 gallons.

7. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

I switched to the Roundup Dry last year & it's great. The measuring cup is in the cap, no more rinsing measuring cups.
    Jim L

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Speaking for the dry, they are identical except for the label. The RoundupDry mixes recommended 1 oz per gallon, ProDry mixes 1.5 oz per gallon. Mix the regular at 1 1/2times what you normally do, and you now have pro.

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Another nice thing about dry is it doesn't freeze, and should over winter better in concentrated form. I think it costs a bit more for the same rate, and you now need to add surfactant. Dave

10. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I thought that Round Up Pro Dry didn't need surfacant.