round up

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Apr 22, 2006.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i haven't dealt with Round Up before, and i put some down on a lawn two days ago. i put Round Up Pro at 2%, which is 2 oz. chemical per gallon of water. the lawn isn't reacting to it at all. how long does it take to start to brown up? i'm going to reseed the area, but i needed to kill the existing grass first. what is going on?
  2. phototropic1

phototropic1 LawnSite Member
    from MS

I normally use RoundUp Pro as a 1% solution. It sometimes takes 5 or 6 days before I can see any impact and a week to 10 days to have complete browning. This all, of course, depends on what you're spraying it on (in your case grass) and what the weather is like. The RoundUp should work just fine as long as the grass is in an active period of growth. And up to a point, the warmer the better.
    I think you need to forget about it for another day or two. I'm betting you'll start to see some splotches of browning on the individual leaves pretty soon. Oh, and by the way, I think 2 oz per gallon is less than a 2% solution. It is, however, above the lowest recommended dose of 1%, so you should be ok. It might just take a bit longer.
  3. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

sometimes no one responds on here. i appreciate the help.
  4. southernlandscapespecial

southernlandscapespecial LawnSite Member

I use round up with 41% glyphosate and it usually takes up to a week before you will notice any weeds turning patient and it will work.
  5. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

It will work in a couple of days. I don't know what you temps are, but I put out some in February, and it was about 3 weeks before it really did its job.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Give it a few...It'll work. As long as you had adequate coverage, and it wasn't rinsed off too soon after the ap., you are in good shape.
  7. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Itdid it's job in 2 hours , just takes several days for it to show