Roundup and broadleaf

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by OKIE LAWNS, Apr 5, 2010.

1. OKIE LAWNS

OKIE LAWNS LawnSite Member

Guys, i sprayed a big 3/4 acre lawn a week ago in oklahoma with round up and pendulum (bermuda was dormat). I had a light mist of rain about 6 or 7 hours after the app. lasted maybe 1/2 hour..i noticed today the dandelions are now flowering heavy and not showing much sign of wilting. The bermuda is now starting to wake up so i can't hit it with RU again. I know the roundup seems to take its time killing broadleaf, but don't want to loose this customer. You think i ought to hit it again (spot spray) with trimac?

thoughts? :confused:

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

I dont spray lawns....but wouldnt 2-4-D remove your broadleaf problem from your bermuda?

3. thempikes

thempikes LawnSite Member

Yes. Spot spray.
    Dandies were dormant until just recently.

4. rwsawal04

rwsawal04 LawnSite Member

Don't put roundup on that bermuda if it's greening up, just get some 3-way, 2-4d, or some speedzone before it get to hot.

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I always use a 3way with roundup when killing a yard. If not there always seems to be some weeds left
    Charles Cue

6. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

dam bubba i pulled roundup like 3 weeks ago, and yea just use a 3 way , trimac is ok