roundup in my face

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Aug 20, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

today while spraying, i was having trouble with nozzle, not spraying properly. so i proceed to mess with it, the nozzle comes flying off from the pressure. i get shot on the forhead, cheek, and ear. not a drop in my mouth or eyes. got lucky. so what would round up do if u got it in your eyes and mouth?
  2. burn...... Wash iy out well....

Always wear saftey glasses
  3. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Always remember, just what you think will never happen, ALWAYS does, and alwasy at the worst possible time.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you would have followed the label, you would have had your protective eyewear on. The PPE requirements on Honcho Plus (Monsanto's generic label glyphosate) include wearing eye protection. So, to answer your question, Roundup in my eye's would have been a non-issue. As for in the mouth, I always carry 5 gallons of fresh water, and would be able to rinse my mouth.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

This may be overkill but these products do exist, just in case.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'd sleep well knowing that no weed or grass seeds that blew into my eyes don't have a chance of germinating.

As in most chemical exposures, the solution is dilution. Flush and then flush, when done flush some more.
  7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Test spray equipment with plain water before mixing..........;)

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

taste great- less filling:drinkup:
  9. Flush mouth and eyes for at least 15 minutes

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

he needed a bath anyhow