Roundup marker

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tharrell, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I recently sprayed a gravel parking lot and a marker would have been helpful.
    Is there a marker of some kind I can get? What works for you?
  2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Blazon Blue , washes right off , the others take hours or a day or so to get off the hands ..
    Don't buy it at Target , it's $50.00 over suggested retail there .
    Verdicon sells it as well as others
  4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I find Food Coloring from the SuperMarket works fine.
  5. ArizPestWeed

Ric is joking , I hope .
    Food coloring does not work and would cost $500.00 a gal or what ever .
  6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I seem to remember you making some ridicules post and my calling you on it. Now you hold a grudge and Like to try and pound me. Grow up Lad. Your very reply makes you look like an Idiot. Try $ 0.05 not $ 500.00
  7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

It would appear that you are not qualified nor licensed to apply any control product (or offer advise here) as if it ends up on your hands you are not following the label. Where are your gloves?
  8. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Is the Dept of Agr really that tight with regulations in NH. Here they might say something if ur wearing tennis shoes, definitely for no shirt.
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

It is called PPE or Personal Protective Equipment and is listed on every pesticide Label. BTW "the label is the law" and should be the first thing learned by anyone who applys pesticides.
  10. ArizPestWeed

Ric , Ric , Ric , I simply stated that you must be joking , that is a fun and lite hearted statement trying to show you how you too can be nice .
    Calling me and many others an idiot , moron and a jackass is simply being a internet bully and a punk of sorts .
    I guess I should tell you now that I’ve received about 10 emails over the past 6 months from those who agree and thank me for throwing it back in your face .
    You’ve done it to countless people here .
    You have the appearance of someone being highly experienced and educated in this industry until you become abusive & attack those who are just trying to figure life out .
    There are more constructive ways to deal with people who are lacking in experience .
    If you continue to be ugly and abusive , I’ll continue what I’m doing with you.
    You know you been warned before about your abuse and some day you’ll be blocked from here because of it .
    I’ve never viciously attacked you first as you always have done to others , undeserving so. .
    I’ve only done similar things to you after you’ve done so to me and others and you know it .

As for the label for Blazon , I had to look to make sure before I wrote this , it does not have any PPE , but , the MSDS does mention gloves if you are exposed to it a lot and is up to the handler .
    I’m unable to manipulate the twist off lids on my .5 gal tip and poor containers with gloves and yes I am licensed in g. pest , turf & ornamental and weed control in Az.