Roundup on 15 acres

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfdoctor1, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

A customer asked me to spray Roundup on 60 empty lots. All in the same subdivsion, flat, etc. I have already priced the work, and have gotten the go ahead to do so. Just wondering what everyone else would have priced a job like this.

I think I am getting a pretty darn good deal.
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

somewhere in the ballpark of $1500.00 giove or take a few hundred
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It could be done for that - relatively easy. Your product (at an upper rate), sticker, fuel, and some wear and tear on the machine will be a bit under 5 bucks per lot (based on approx. 11M lots). Sounds like a good little gig, and not a bad day.
  4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

$1500 sounds about right.
  5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

2500.00 to 3000.00 would be closer to my price. 50.00/Lot would not be out of line. It is 60 different locations. Can you do them all in a day?
  6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed! $1500. is dirt cheap for that job.
  7. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Not many guys here spray Roudn Up, we can charge 10-15 per 1,000. Obviously that is a way bigger job and should be done cheaper. Sounds like an ok price if you dont have alot going on... Nice Work sir

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

$2500.00 would be my price. But with generic round-up at $9.50 a gallon I might have some wiggle room to come down a bit.
  9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Adding one once of 12% liquid humate to 10 gal of water will allow you to reduce the mixing rate of glyphosate by at least 25% and still get the same effective kill as full rate.
  10. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I do not recall seeing that on any glyphosate label.