Roundup on 15 acres

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfdoctor1, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

A customer asked me to spray Roundup on 60 empty lots. All in the same subdivsion, flat, etc. I have already priced the work, and have gotten the go ahead to do so. Just wondering what everyone else would have priced a job like this.

I think I am getting a pretty darn good deal.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

somewhere in the ballpark of $1500.00 giove or take a few hundred

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It could be done for that - relatively easy. Your product (at an upper rate), sticker, fuel, and some wear and tear on the machine will be a bit under 5 bucks per lot (based on approx. 11M lots). Sounds like a good little gig, and not a bad day.

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

$1500 sounds about right.

5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

2500.00 to 3000.00 would be closer to my price. 50.00/Lot would not be out of line. It is 60 different locations. Can you do them all in a day?

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed! $1500. is dirt cheap for that job.

7. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Not many guys here spray Roudn Up, we can charge 10-15 per 1,000. Obviously that is a way bigger job and should be done cheaper. Sounds like an ok price if you dont have alot going on... Nice Work sir

8. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

$2500.00 would be my price. But with generic round-up at $9.50 a gallon I might have some wiggle room to come down a bit.

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Adding one once of 12% liquid humate to 10 gal of water will allow you to reduce the mixing rate of glyphosate by at least 25% and still get the same effective kill as full rate.

10. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I do not recall seeing that on any glyphosate label.