1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Roundup pricing?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by minix, Jul 5, 2009.

1. minix

minix LawnSite Senior Member

How do you price spraying roundup for weed controle in parking lots and stone beds? Does anyone price by the gal?
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  2. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I just try to figure my rate per hour + product costs. I'm sure that there is a better way to do it though....
  3. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I will protect the integrity of my ((hard earned license)) than explain the procedures for applying something that you can buy at lowe's for 10.00 per gallon in a RTU 2% cheaply mixed container. IF the consumer will go out and buy this at lowe's for 10.00 then...............................................................................................................................................????
    From here it is all a matter of discovering how much area will a gallon cover!!!!
  4. minix

lol I just asked a question to see how others where doing it. I dont see what Lowe's has to do with my question. I buy pure and mix myself. If you dont have anything good to ad to a post then why bother posting?
  5. Think Green

Since you are in the weed control business then you should know how others are pricing for such a mediocre task as pricing round up.
    I know all the applicator's in my area and how they are doing the apps and how they charge.
    Why would anyone tell you how they charge for their services, especially when the public eye is watching and learning how we charge. I have been around these forums for quite a while now, and this is a free country!

Good Day!
  6. Think Green

As I have learned this particular forum, the viewers and competition wants to know; Who, what, where, when and why!
    If a post or response is left to the blind eye, the critics are here to tear you a new rear end.
    To answer your question, We will measure by the 1,000's and charge by the square foot. We do this just as a painter would in painting a room or a mason laying brick.
    I am not being an @#$hole, and apologize for coming across as one. The general public only needs to know simply, what the product kills, rather than how we do it and how much is charged and made from the application. I have seen these theads and responses to application methods, etc. It almost makes me sick to see others displayig their profit margins and fees (That is if they are telling the truth). I for one, have seen LCO's lose their shirts and business's for posting their profits and techniques on such forums.
    No disrespect to you or any other.
    I feel that it is better to be safe than sorry!!
  7. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Well said. I can also tell clients that what I apply for weed control is probably not sold at any home center or garden shop. Asking how to price a RoundUp application raises all kinds of red flags. For me, it is safe to say that RoundUp is a chemical infrequently used.
  8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Real simple my HR + T +M divided by PieRsquared X .568741 unless it is Monday then it is X .624179
  9. minix

WOW WTF is this site for? I ask a simple question and everyone thinks Im coming to your house and taking accounts away from you.

Does anyone know a lawn site where I can ask a question without people flipping out?
  10. Blood Bought

Blood Bought LawnSite Member

I would imagine that everyone here has learned by reading and trial and error. Simply said I'm not going to tell you what to charge because, 1 I don't know your cost of operation, 2 I have competition and they would love to find out how I price my services so they can beat me. You won't be in the game long if you can't handle this task yourself. :mad: