roundup pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Mar 11, 2001.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

have any of you guys ever tried round up pro? if so how good is it or is there something better?
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

It doesn.t work overnight but it does work. I dont know of anything better, there may be. I have seen people use it and didnt see results right away and go overboard on the mixture, this doesnt do any better than if you follow the label. When it starts working it works and works.
  3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

nice thing of the Pro is it has the stick additive in it ...can rain 2 hours after apply's slow but it works ...if you need speed throw some pronto or finale (2oz per gal)
  4. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Read the labels, then add some Scythe to get a quick burndown. You generally don't need to add more Roundup concentrate to get better or quicker results.
  5. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

Does anyone here know the difference between Roundup Pro and Roundup Ultra?
  6. jimsmowin

jimsmowin LawnSite Member

i think pro has the sticker in it. also 2.5 to 3 oz. per gallon. i have heard it as high as 6 oz. per gallon. takes about 2 weeks to work and needs rain or mositure to work. you can add a burn down, but too much will kill plant before pro has a chance to work. as stated above, there is nothing better, however lesco has generic brand cheaper.
  7. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

The only thing different from Roundup Pro and Roundup Ultra is the name.........Pro is made for the lawn and landscape professional, and ultra is for the farmer.......That's it. Both have a surfactant in it to make it stick. Monsanto has another chemical out there called Rodeo. It does not have a surfactant in it, it is really marketed to apply in ditches, and in water. But you would still have to by an aquatic surfactant for it to stick
  8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks guys for all the info.
  9. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with SLSNursery

Add the proper anount of scythe and it burns down a lot faster.

Great combination.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i have found when mixing scythe in with my roundup the scythe burns the leaves too fast for the roundup to be absorbed completely ....somewhere there was a post on this very subject...i tend to use scythe more often but the fumes for that stuff are pretty stiff so it is a love hate relationship!