1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Route Optimization Software?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by trebordollars, Aug 1, 2005.

1. trebordollars

trebordollars LawnSite Member

Does anyone use a route optimization software package? I have tried Clip and it does not do what I need.

I want to be able to enter all my customers addresses for one day and then tell the software how many trucks (crews) I will be running. Then I need to put in time parameters (some customers can only be serviced from 2:00 to 5:00 or other times). I would like to enter the estimated time at each location and then have the software map the appropriate route for each truck (crew).

The only true solution I have found is really expensive... anyone got any ideas.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Low tech I know, but I used a map and a different colored sharpie for each day. My clients were year long service contracts, and as new clients sign on in mid year you stick em in were you can....Something are better left to humans to figure out rather than a computer program. I had my route split so that i coudl work it in 1/2 day increments, So if I got stuck with some rain after lunch, I could swing into another area and complete one of the 1/2 trips from the next day.... so at worst case stuff would be cut a day early or a day late...
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi trebordollars,

Feel free to try our Gopher software.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>
  4. trebordollars

trebordollars LawnSite Member

How does Gopher handle route optimization? Does it determine best routes for your based on input data?

5. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

I use Qxpress from Alocet software. It works great. It does my routing, billing, and you can get mapping and other modules. It also integrates into Quickbooks which does my Accounts receivable. Qxpress has customizable route lists so you can create pretty much anything you want, or you can download many predesigned templates. Check them out it is well worth the investment. They also make Lawn Monkey (a stand alone program - no quickbooks integration), but I don't have any experience with that.
  6. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

Qexpress is the bomb!!
  7. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

i know this thread is old, but i cant seem to find anything else in my searches. i just picked up a bunch of new accounts in a new service area and i really need a program that i can put all the adresses in and it will tell me the most efficient route to take..
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device
  9. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the fast response! i will check it out
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

I use Streets and Trips and separate routes by day and by truck. It got a bit cumbersome as we got new accounts and the routes started to change a little bit. The Locqus software we are developing only routes on a per job basis, but a "routing" section is coming soon (I would say in the next couple months) which will keep all your routes up to date in real time. That will be so cool! Route4Me I have used as well, it did the job pretty well, but I hated paying for it.