Royal Purple

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DK lawn care, Oct 30, 2007.

1. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

How many guys are using this oil in their equipment?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Never heard of it, but so long you're using the synth you really can't go wrong.

3. DK lawn care

cause i use it in my truck and i started to use it in my exmark and i love it. Uses far less oil then when i had mobil 1 syn

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

use it all the time now since after break-in. and have noticed a little more :weightlifter: to.

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

we run it in race cars, not sure i'd want to run it in something that is near dust every day. that stuff is thin.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That I did notice, even with synth only high compression engines are fine with thin stuff... Most of my stuff I have to run 10w-30 in it, I did try to run 5w-30 in my truck but it turns dark just 1,000 miles into it, that's a sign to me it's getting past the rings or something, it's not right anyhow.

That could also be what you're feeling in the ways of :weightlifter:
    A thinner oil can do that, but for most motors I wouldn't dare thinner than 5w-30 even then you have to monitor it for some time, if it's too thin then 10w-30. Afaik the only American made engine that might have enough compression would be Kohler, I run at least 10w-30 in the Briggs, also Dodge and Ford and Chevy apparently can't handle thinner.

7. DK lawn care

I run 5w20 in my v-10. It runs awesome with it and thats what the factory calls for it. I also use royal purple in my v-10 to