RP 12' pop up pressure adjustment >>

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by platinum, Jul 22, 2010.

1. platinum

platinum LawnSite Member

The MP1000 looks like it will do the same thing as the MP Rotator. Currently there is a 1812 in there so I dont know if that makes a difference.

2. I am only speaking in general terms here. :)

3. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

HUH? What are you talking about ..... your sprays or your rotors?

The point here is to get a precipitation rate that is appropriate for the bed. I seriously doubt a 0.16 GPM nozzle is going to cut it on a rotor zone. You need to check the outputs of your rotor nozzles before you can even begin to get an idea of an appropriate nozzle. Ideally you would want to calculate/audit your rotor zones PR, then calculate an appropriate PR for the bed based on plants and available nozzles. While it is unlikely you will get it exact, you might be able to get something close.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Ayyy, yes, it does appear you will have an easier time matching PR with the RB rotary nozzles using the 5000 MPR nozzle trees vs. the rain curtain nozzle tree.

6. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

The rotary nozzles will match the MPR 5004 nozzles and can be zoned together. If you're going to use the standard 5004 nozzles, you'll have to make your own calculations to see if it will work.

7. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Like Kiril said, GPM is really irrelevant. You need to be concerned with incher per hour.

In general, you can figure rotors to be around 1/2 in/hr and sprays to be around 1.5 in/hr. This isn't always the case but it is a good starting point that covers most installations.

8. platinum

platinum LawnSite Member

Im talking about the spray in the bed. It has a 1.5GPM nozzle (might not be called a nozzle) on it now which is way more precep then a .16GPM. Am I not understanding that correctly?

9. platinum

platinum LawnSite Member

ahh ok, I was thinking GPM directly relates to in/hr with some converstion of course. So what is a good in/hr for this bed considering this zone will be on 20min. I know plant watering needs come in to play her but generally what should I be looking for.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

No. Nozzle output does not correlate to PR without reference to area.