RPM's for 23 hp kohler

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Premo Services, May 19, 2006.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 23 horse kohler engine and need to know what are the rpms supposed to be at?

How do you adjust them?

Thanks

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Factory spec. is 3600 rpm, But you could go to 3750 without harm and that would give a little more blade tip speed.
    As for the adjustment, Need to know if it's a CV or CH to post the proper procedure. Read the top thread for future reference.

3. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

It varies by spec number and what the manufacturer needs them set at for the proper blade tip speed.

4. thecrankshaft

thecrankshaft LawnSite Member

Post model and spec numbers, as well as the serial number, and I will post RPM settings. How to adjust the RPMs is described in the service manual - which you can download for free from www.kohlerplus.com - click "enter as a guest" - click "service literature" in the left hand column and then scroll down under "service manuals" and find the correct one for your engine. Basically, low speed is adjusted by the throttle stop screw on the carburetor and the high speed is adjusted by a screw on the engine control bracket.

5. Premo Services

It is a CV236 23 horse kohler motor
    I checked rpm's with a tach and they were 3500, I thought they were a little low...

Thanks Again

6. thecrankshaft

thecrankshaft LawnSite Member

CV23S - please post spec and serial numbers as well. These numbers are on a silver sticker that is on the blower housing.

7. Premo Services

To The Top