RPMs on Kohler 25hp

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by precisionlawns, Jul 9, 2002.

1. precisionlawns

precisionlawns LawnSite Member

Could someone tell me the range of which I should be running the RPMs on a Kohler 25hp on a Dixie Chopper? What's too high and what's too low?
    :help:

2. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

What is the spec number of the engine i.e. 69545,69531, or some other number like that. I will get you the exact rpm specs.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The sticker on my new D.C. says to run at 3750rpm with no load and that is where I am running it. I know some run them at 3800 with no problems.:)

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Does your Dixie have the big air cleaner and Amsoil bypass filter on it? If so you can rev it to 3750 rpm. Otherwise I would stick to 3600 rpm.

5. precisionlawns

precisionlawns LawnSite Member

I can't seem to get the RPMs over 3400. What could be the problem??

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There is a cable that runs to the right hand side of the engine. There is a clamp that holds the cable in place on the engine. Without the engine running move the throttle lever to the halfway position. Loosen the clamp and move the cable about 1/2" to the right. Tighten the clamp and start the engine and see what the rpms are. If it still won't go up there is a throttle stop bolt on top of the engine at the linkage where the cable attaches. You need to turn the bolt so it will allow the engine to rev higher.