Rr Ties

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RedWingsDet, May 1, 2005.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Heres the scoop. tell me what you would charge, labor only. material cost is 11500. but just tell me labor... Its 500, eight foot rail road ties. Consists of digging the trench, putting them in, and then tieing them together using metal re-enforcements to make sure they stay butted up against eachother.

again, its 500, 8ft ties. labor only.

im thinking about 6700 for labor.

what would you guys charge as far as labor goes. thanks

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well thats 4000' of trench thats 18" wide,and Do you mean the kind of metal things that they use on trusses to tie them together?On the top only or the sides too?(the metal things?)How close are the ties to where you will be putting them in?At just $15.00 a tie to set and level and butt and secure.... I'm getting $7500.00.Thats a good round # but I would round it up to $8000.00 to pay for the trench too.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

on the sides only, none on the top.

but I like to charge hourly, not per. but hey, we'll see. Plus, im planning on paying my cousing and brother about 1200 each to do it all. so we shall see what happenes. the bid is due by tuesday.

but maybe I should bid it at 7500 for labor. which would be a grand total of 18650

4. sheshovel

Well,devide alot of hours by $8000.00 then!!!

5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

lol right on... im thinking it'd take about 96hours maybe, with 2 guys?

What do you guys think?

6. sheshovel

Dont forget to butt and tie together you will have to level each one both ends or you wont be able to tie

7. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

thats what the metal is for. going to take sheet metal, or something else that is strong and cut it like 6-8in in length and then screw 2 screws into it into each side of the tie, so 4 screws per 6-8" sheet metal re-enforcement

8. sheshovel

Whatsa matta don't think the girls can answer this one??

9. sheshovel

Have no Idea the man hours cuz don't know site or acsess or if your brother is lazy or fast or smart or stupid.

10. sheshovel

How bout using Gang nail clips,much faster amd easier