RR Ties

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TPnTX, Jul 10, 2007.

1. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done some small retaining walls all under 4ft. A referral lead me to this job.

It's sad. Inside the wall is a swimming pool and deck that are both failing big time. I suspect the pool leaking has a lot to do with the amount of recent damage.

Also the owner bought this house two years ago. So there are a few people that should be held accountable. One being the inspector who passed this house before closing 2 years ago.

I've got a structural engineer looking at it but I'm not going to be the first to bid on this job. There are so many things that can go wrong. Any mistake would be costly.

It's just a matter of time before the city steps in. I wouldn't be surprised if they condemned the property.(or something) Notice the gas line!

ret wall.jpg
  2. TPnTX

oh let me clarify, I don't use RR ties
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

WOW, thats an accident waiting to happen.....
  4. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

5. TPnTX

Man I don't know. This pic doesn't do it justice. It's bad and getting worse. We've had record breaking rain here in Dallas for weeks and that can't help either.

I contacted and engineer that was supposed to come by and look at it. He hasn't showed.

I've found this company http://sancodesign.com I'm going to call them tomorrow.

I'm not touching it, instead merely helping the lady out. I figure once all is said and done I'll get some lansdscape work from it. No biggie either way.

The house is owned by the lady's (who lives there) son. He owns a huge software company. And I mean H...U...G...E...:weightlifter:

So I ain't stupid. I'm helping her out anyway that I can.