rrrrrrrrrrr RAIN

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by bobcatnj, Oct 13, 2005.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i dont think we got enough rain. ahahhaha! im so BORED. i hope its snows like this, 2 make up for all the money im losing this week.

2. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the jobs you are doing this week just get pushed back to next week and so on and so on? I don't see how you 'lost' the money??? Plus, I think its kinda good kinda bad...bad b/c we'll be extra busy but kinda good cause will have extra cleanup prices with all the heavy winds with sticks and leaves...

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

we needed it bad. i'm glad we got it. this will however, without a doubt, cause tons of customer problems. most will think that the debris cleanup will be free, cus, "it's not thier fault it rained." but, we needed the rain, i'm glad it came

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Grass cutting doesn't work that way at least not in my case. The majority of my jobs are weekly cuts. If I have to bump one to next week the money from this week is lost because I was going to get next week's money anyway. The only way I could recoup the money is to double charge for next week (ain't happening) or to add an extra week at the end of the year. I have missed zero cuts this year due to rain. Get-r-done and maximize potential in your particular field of the green industry..

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

quoted by richard martin:"The only way I could recoup the money is to double charge for next week (ain't happening) or to add an extra week at the end of the year" THIS is the part i don't like. richard WHY CAN'T you charge double for next weeks mow? will it still take you the same amount of time, to mow next week, if you had to miss this week because of rain?

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Because quite frankly, it's not the customer's fault I didn't mow. It would be my fault if I choose not to mow. Additionally, are you giving the customer a break on the price when the grass is really easy to cut? I don't think so. When I give these people a price it isn't dependant on the length of the grass.

8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I do weekly also...

I'll do what commercials I didn't get done this week on saturday or if i really really have to on sunday. The residentials I'll do on monday. I'll then go back and mow them on thurs/fri. No skipped cuts...one cut per week...no?

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I do not know about you guys but i haven't mowed some lawns in 5 weeks. I am happy it is raining. Suppose to rain here untill sunday. Its holding me up on a big block job. I been watch tv all week.

Matt