1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

RTF Tall Fescue question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tadams, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried the new RTF tall fescue and does it spread and recover as good as they say that it does? How does the color look?

2. Smith Seed

Smith Seed Inactive

Todd,

You might look into Titan Ltd. It is a tall fescue that has a self-repairing feature. There is a website, www.titanlimited.com, which has pictures and more information. On the website, follow the "buy Titan Ltd." button and you will get to a page where you can put in your location and find a local dealer. I have personally used Titan Ltd and spoke to many others who have. It is a very nice looking, yet hardy grass. The color is not super dark green, but as dark as 90% of the other tall fescue varieties available.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I hope the distrubution is getting closer to us in WV. I wanted to get some last fall for a few residential installs, but couldn't find it locally. I don't know if I'd seed a new yard 100% in RTF, but it would be a good blend with TTTF and KBG / CRF mixed together.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, still waiting to give it a few years in order to allow others to be the test group.