Rubber Blades???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twins_lawn_care, Sep 19, 2003.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever seen these, or better yet used them?
    Just curious, I ran across them looking on ebay, and wondered if this was a new gimmick?

Rubber Mower Blades ???

2. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope no one on L/S uses those! I already go through multiple STEEL edger blades! Man, I wouldnt even get 2 feet and I'd already have to replace that. Thats just "tree hugger" junk they're trying to sell. Goes along perfectly with the one post awhile back about a LCO that was down south i believe that only used electric and battery powered equipment. (I believe nylon string on the mowers too, instead of blades)

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

If I could get electric powered commercial equipment I would make a fortune around here. People would eat that stuff up in Ann Arbor, and I could charge a ton of money for my environmentally safe equipment.

:D

4. J D CRUSTA

J D CRUSTA LawnSite Member

The seller mentions that he feels safer using these blades. I sure wouldn't want to stick my foot into an edger blade, rubber or not. It's like they say, the most dangerous knife is a dull one.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is a pic of the blades.

[​IMG]

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

team gopher: you posted the pic, you are a sponsor, what say you about the blades in question?

GEO:confused:

7. Do you think a rubber blade might "edge" an asphalt driveway?
    Is there a website on these rubber blades?
    I might be willing to try one if they're just a couple of bucks.

Dave

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I doubt that they would work very well. Maybe I'll buy some. I'll use a rubber check!

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

good point;)

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Well Like it says on EBAY it is self sharpening, Maybe I will buy some and set them along my steel ones and hope my steel ones learn to self sharpen also! LOL.

The Rubber check is a good one! had me rollin.