Rubber chute for fas trak 20 52

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mbaug, Jul 7, 2006.

1. mbaug

mbaug LawnSite Member

Will the rubber chute be available for the 20 52 fas trak? My property is a little ruff (country living) and has several trees and the metal chute clanks and catches the ground (no I am not mowing super low). I want something a little more flexible in case I hit or catch something.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure of our plans for rubber chutes on the FasTrak, at this time there is not one available for it, I will ask around and see what we are planning.

Pj

3. cranesrule

cranesrule LawnSite Member

FYI
    The chute for the mini z will work on the FT. It is not an EXACT fit but works well and looks good, and attatches without modification. My dealer ordered me one, not bad for 50 bucks!

Mark

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

DO NOT INSTALL ANY DISCHARGE CHUTE ON YOUR MOWER OTHER THAN THE SAME ONE THAT CAME WITH IT, OR THE EXACT SAME REPLACEMENT.
    I cant say this enough, we design the chutes for the exact model decks they are on, they pass strict safety standards and putting anything on there except the one we designed for that exact model could put you in a position to hurt someone if a object ever got under the deck and thrown out the discharge.
    We do not have a rubber chute for the FasTraks at this time, and I am not sure we will in the future.

5. wrightg4

wrightg4 LawnSite Member

I wish you had put a rubber discharge chute on the FasTrak. Yesterday, my metal chute snagged a sprinkler head on my next-door neighbor's lawn as I was turning around and snapped it right off (the sprinkler head, not the chute). Admittedly the heads in his lawn protrude higher than most I've seen, but a rubber chute might have saved it, and saved me the expense of having it fixed.