Rubber fishing grubs make great earplugs...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gr grass n Hi tides, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

So I'm out working today & discovery I don't have my earplugs. I open my tackle bag & take out the 4 in. green twisters & bite off 1/2 inch (the round end) and stuff them in there. They worked great! Very comfortable. A bag of 20 costs about $3.00 ..........plus there's lot's of colors to match just about any rig/uniform under the sun ;-)

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting...hmm...are the lubed to? the only artificial fishing worms i have touched have had a nasty film all over them...

3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Yeah, I know the type you're talkin about. These are'nt like that.....these are my old go-to lures but without the "slime." Just straight up translucent, 4 inch, lime green twister style baits put out by Gotcha. They've got the little "bumps" or "ribs" so they stayed in place great!

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good...i just had to ask...cause that would be soo nasty if they had the slime!

5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL!! imagine if they were the slimey ones then you go swimming,damn fish would be nibbiling your ears...

6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Yep, exactly.........maybe even the style "impregnated" with fish goo or whatever. Yuck. Nope, these are just plain ole rubber ;-)

7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

You might be a Redneck if you are mowing your yard with fishing lures hanging out of your ears.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LMAO. All I can picture is the tails of the lures sticking out of your ears :D

9. Gr grass n Hi tides

lol, lol.....man that's a good one. Didn't think about it that way.......I guess if the shoe fits I should slip it on ;-) I swear I couldn't have found a better short order substitute though. Kept the noise out about as well as the foam plugs I normally use.