Rubber Mulch EDGE Border

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allisos, Aug 16, 2004.

1. allisos

allisos LawnSite Member

I am looking for a rubber mulch EDGE border - I have been able to find loose rubber mulches - but don't care for them. I use organic mulches for all the beds I do -

the photo included is of a strip type rubber border product that is used as an EDGING on the perimeter of the beds -

http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/s...eptPGID=&lstCategory=&image=34-413.jpg&flash=

the prices at Gardeners Supply are just TOO high - are there any other sources for it?

any info on who else might sell or manufacturer it would be great !

thanks again

2. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

From what I was told all recycled rubber products are way expencive. The supplyer I spoke with said the process of removing the steel belts is verry expencive.
    One of my mowing customers has the tree ring rubber mulch. It works great.

3. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

its expensive deal with it only way to get it that i see is GS

4. allisos

allisos LawnSite Member

"deal with it"

gee - that was helpful - thought the whole point of a forum was to be able to ask questions about problems that people were having and looking for solutions...

unless gardeners supply is also the manufacturer - there must be another source other than them - since when is cost - and looking for the best price something to just "deal with it"

5. goodmad

goodmad LawnSite Member

I've seen it at Lowes but cannot remember the price.

6. Kevinrmac

Kevinrmac LawnSite Member

7. Kevinrmac

Kevinrmac LawnSite Member

Comparison if you don't want to check the links:

Garderners.com: 10' long, 12" wide, 1" thick = $44.95

improvementscatalog.com: 10' long, 4.5" wide, 1/2" think = $19.99.

So, about 1/2 the product, for 1/2 the price. Do you really want 12" wide? Might consider buying the 12" wide from Gardeners.com and cut it in 1/2 down the middle. Get twice the length.... Just a thought.

8. allisos

allisos LawnSite Member

thanks so much for your helpful replies

I have spent hours online searching everything I could think of - I had found the Improvements site and realized it was roughly the same price - did consider all the options of cutting etc - have even been looking at all sorts of rubber manufacturers and the sorts of products I might be able to substitute...

I take care of almost miles of beds - which is why it would pretty much prohibitively expensive - but also why it would be SO helpful...

Goodmad - even though I had checked Lowes and Home Depot etc. right at the beginning of the search - I went back again after reading your note and Lowes DOES have it at a substantial savings -
    10' long, 4.5" wide, 1/2" think = $12.97

a pretty substantial savings! so thank you again!!!