Rubber Mulch.........oh noooooooo's!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tthomass, Jan 9, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Okay, FIRST I hate the stuff but this is for a playground.

Where can I get my hands on some aside from $11 a bag on a pallet?

2. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually did a job today on a playground and have another scheduled for thursday. The school got it shipped in ill ask what they paid and where it came from. Today we 12 1500 lb. pallets and thursdays job they have 16 15lb. pallets. I know they got a federal grant for it.
    Mike

3. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

We are a distributor for it. How much do you need?

4. tthomass

from N. VA

Lets see I was putting down 9 yards of wood chips to cover a couple incehs worth so I say a solid what, 20 yards? And I imagine remove the existing wood chips.

Where are you located?

5. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I'm south of winchester. what are the dimensions of the area?

6. tthomass

from N. VA

I don't remember, I just remember the quantity. Maybe a 40' x 30' area. It has chips right now.

7. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

based on those dimensions at a recommended application of 6", you'll need approx. 16,200 lbs.

i have it in 2000 lbs bags( 1 bag is approx. 3 cu. yds). retail price is 740.00 /bag but we allow a 20% disc. would you need it delivered?

8. tthomass

from N. VA

Yes I would need it delivered. Tips on how this stuff is typically priced for an install? 60% of price?...basing off commercial plant installs.

I assume using a skid steer to move it?

9. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

laborwise...price it the same as mulch or a little more. its not much more time consuming. a 2000lb bag is approx. 3 cu. yds. we did a playground using 8 bags and the total cost was $6400 and was completed in a day

the bags are on pallets. a skid steer and forks are the best way to move them.

10. tthomass

from N. VA

how much is delivery to reston?