1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rubber Mulch

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by Sunrise 154, Jul 31, 2007.

1. 2muchmulch4u

2muchmulch4u LawnSite Member

When it rains hard 3/4" stone also floats. I could see that being an argument if when it was drizzling it was running down the driveway. I can see how rubber mulch scares some landscape pro's. We sell a bunch to local schools and daycares and they rave about it. As long as it is prepped right and is contained there should be no problem.

Also the biggest problem of it disappearing is people takeing samples home in their pockets.
  2. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

...no more or less than hardwood nuggets do.

I've been using rubber mulch now for about 5-6 years in my business, for customers who request it during the initial site visits.

About the only situation I've found that's been a problem, that someone mentioned already, is in and around annual flowers.

My kids go to a nearby Township playground all the time, that has all rubber mulch...and they never come back "black" like some people on here described.

Could be GL Lawns could be talking about a rubber that was processed with less stringent quality guidelines than the 'standard' of rubber mulch currently on the market, or is not of good solid physical structure because of otherwise inferior technology.