Rubber Track purchase day

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ConstSvcs, May 21, 2010.

1. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member

Everything was going well yesterday afternoon...............until one of the tracks on my KX 91-3 failed............after only 500 hours :cry: !! Yep, I do a fair share of work in poor soil conditions and the tracks have the normal cuts from rock.

Never did I expect the cable banding to fail and the ejection of a drive cleat to follow. Last f**king time I buy a set of tracks from an Ebay advertised rubber track supplier !! $1900.00 and they are going in the trash after I recieve my new set of Mclaren NexGeneration tracks (which will be here on the 25th) :)

All for just $ 2,900 + :dizzy:

Its been a very costly month, after replacing 6 worn fuel injectors which were causing a computer overide to "protection mode" and code in my 2001 FRR and replacement of two tie rod ends and drag link. (would not pass yearly safety inspection) Japan builds a great truck but ULSD Fuel and no grease fittings at those sealed steering components can really take its toll on a work'n guys wallet. !!

At least for me these things happen after I have returned from a great Carribean vacation :rolleyes:

On the bright side..........truck runs great and I'll let you all know about my thoughts on the Mclaren tracks.

Guess I'll be keeping this machine for a bit longer..............

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Wow that is strange you gone through a set if injectors are you sure you didn't get some water in the fuel. It might be time for a racor mounted on the frame.

Steering linkage is something a person has to deal with usually they have grease fittings. It is the king pins you have to worry about that is a expensive job that is when you bend over and spread
    your cheeks :laugh:

Never did like rubber tracks even on a mini steel tracks is better especially on a 4 ton and heavier mini.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Ebay is a bad place to buy rubber tracks, always stick to OEM, then if the tracks fail, the dealer can take the issue up with you.