Rubbermaid Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddco, Jun 5, 2001.

1. toddco

toddco LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

I'm sure someone else has done this already, but I found it to be very handy. I use it to store rocks, toys, and sticks that I find while mowing (that is, if I find it before the mower does). It also carries my big water bottle.

The rubbermaid bin was $3.95 from Target. A piece of heavy wire runs through the handle and wraps around the deck pins for easy removal. The lid snaps on. Works great.

dcp_0059b.jpg

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Good Idea. wouldnt work for me tho. Exaust is in front.

3. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I like it!
    I do wonder about the exhaust though...

You could put a pair of pruners and loppers in there too.

If you are into taking stuff with you, you might check into one of those attachments that allows you to carry your trimmer on your mower.

4. toddco

toddco LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

It's about 6" away from the exhaust on my exmark, and hasn't been a problem. Adapted the idea from a company that was selling a $50 attachment to fit a garbage can on the front for carrying clippings. That seemed too big and waaaaaay too expensive.

5. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

Nice and simple inexpensive, probably sells at Lesco for $39.95 without lid and $49.95 with.

Dam good idea!
    :eek: :D

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I bought something similar that had a tray and heavy duty plastic tubs- still have them, they're great for keggers! LOL nice tub Dave g:p

7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Awesome idea. My mufflers stick out in the front also. ;(

8. slabpile

slabpile LawnSite Member

heys guys,
    i had a toro with the exhaust in the front. went to to put a trc vac on it wich had a trash can that sat on the deck. then found out that you can turn the exhaust. check it out it was two bolts for and one min for me.

9. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

on my way to walmart!

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Great idea, however, It would get in the way too much for me. How do you get under trees? I know its removable, but isnt a mesh bag hanging from the handle bars enough for trash?

WOW you are really mulching some grass there! Looks like real thick stuff!