Rule Sheet for Customers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Husky03, Feb 7, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I hand out a Guidelines sheet every year, and have the exact same thing posted on my website at http://www.tjslawncare.com/terms.html. I don't do contracts, but it's good to have a set of guidelines for the customer to have that heads off any redundant questions or issues that might occur. And, to cover your butt when extra charges pop up, etc.

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Tom- I just checked it out and it looks real good. I think that takes some of the stress out of the fact that there is no contract involved.I send out something similar to that in the spring to all of my customers.

3. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

Mtdman: thanks for showing me your site. That was exactly what I was looking for. Gives me some good ideas. :)

4. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

Mtdman: thanks for showing me your site. That was exactly what I was looking for. Gives me some good ideas. :)

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Your welcome, both times!

I send out a snow sheet with guidelines as well in the winter. I actually need to revise the mowing guidelines for this year. But yeah, it does cover my butt because I don't use a contract in some areas. The key is in communicating with customers. Even if they don't read that (and I'm pretty sure many people don't bother to read them), you can always point it out later that it's part of the terms of service.

:D