1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Run of good luck...kinda

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfguy33, Apr 22, 2001.

1. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

This week has been great. On Monday, I was mowing one half of a du-plex, I was almost done when the neighbor ran out and wanted hers done. Was almost done again when the owner of the other du-plexs came out and wanted me to start doing 5 of his rental properties....All side by side.....That made my day on Monday. On Wednesday, I got a call from an Apartment complex that I put a bid on in febuary. She said that the "scrub" that originally got the job wasn't doing the job, and was looking in windows and stuff so I was next in line so to speak. On Saturday I did my routine mowing at an ederly mans house. He came out and wanted me to trim some shrubs for him too. I shot him a price and he agreed. After I was done, He gave me $15 more dollors than what I asked. He said that was a tip for always doing a good job. That's the first tip that I have gotten......It really made my day.
    The only bad thing that happened was I ran over a dead squirrel while mowing on friday. Didn't see it until it was too late, didn't hurt my blades or my mower, but it stunk.......bad........Luckly it was on a big commercial property, and really didn't have to clean up, since it was mulched anyways.
    I'm just happy right now, hope this keeps this up. I gained an extra $465.00 a week this week,
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

some days just good
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

the good work!

Glad to hear your doing well. Keep doing the customer right and you will keep getting more work!