1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Run the mowers over it or not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TaylorLawn, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TaylorLawn

TaylorLawn LawnSite Member

Over the past few years, during the off season work such as leaves etc, I have always run my mowers over the grass regardless. Many lawn care businesses in my area simply blow the leaves, driveways, etc. and they are on to the next........For some reason it just looks "cleaner after a once over with the mowers, however, it does take more time. I ask if any of you do the same, because it doesn't seem that the owners of these properties the others are doing seem to mind the "dirty" look.
  2. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

We do the same as you. Always run the mower over it.
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like to run the mowers over it also, I just think it looks better and cleans up the rest of the loose leaves.
  4. club54

club54 LawnSite Member
    from alabama

If you don't run over the leaves IT'S a chance you won't get called back
  5. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

That's when Walkers are nice! Sucks things up and the turf looks clean. :)
  6. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Always run the lazer with UV over the yard...Picked up a couple of nice full maintenance accounts this year from one time fall clean ups. I just make it a point to stripe the hell out of em after we are done cleanin up all the leaves. Leaves them in awe...