Running Crews with tablets

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Mar 26, 2013.

1. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Has anybody gone paperless and set up tablets in each truck to run crews. I am trying to make the switch this spring and looking for some opinions on which way to go.

2. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

we are making the switch now.

3. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I'm a solo operator but just incorporated a iPad mini in with my business and use quick books. So far so good. Just started this week though. Time will tell. I see it being very beneficial.

4. growitmowitlawncare

growitmowitlawncare LawnSite Member

Is there any apps for this? I am thinking of doing the same thing next year.

5. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

i just looked in the App store and quickbooks is free. this isn't a stand alone version is it?

6. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

We use all IOS operating platforms and we buy sufficient space for iCloud storage. Our routes are all digital and as we complete work or need to make special notes we just check stuff off in the NUMBERS app. We update at the end of the day and by morning my office manager has all current and updated info. Works great!!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BLC1

from Ohio

I see some of you are using Ipads. Are you guys running them on 4g? I was looking at the cost today and it doesn't seem to bad. I could get 4 tablets for around a grand and then 10/month per unit. 40/month seems like it will pay for itself before I make it to the shop in the morning.

8. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

i must have been momentarily mentally unstable to think QB mobile was a stand alone free app. i downloaded it and QB is a requirement.

with that said, i might consider it when i buy my ipad later this year. would love that capability. being able to complete my invoicing as i mow would kick ass... :dancing:

9. StockmanLawnscape

StockmanLawnscape LawnSite Member

4 iPads for a grand? Where can you get them that cheap? 4 here would cost over 2 grand!

10. BLC1

from Ohio

I was looking at a xoom and a galaxy through verizon.